So the check coolant light came on my 1999 Camroad..... which is great but I can not find the coolant tank!

Ever feel like something is like right in front of your nose and you still can not find it? I have spent about an hour searching and can not find an answer online. Does anyone know where it is?

My next plan is to crawl under and try to follow the hoses from the radiator.

cheers

90% of the time the "coolant recovery tank" is attached to the radiator by a small hose. The hose normally hooks up to the radiator close to the radiator cap. The tank should be bolted to the radiator core support. Look for an empty place near the air cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone else is looking in the future: Found it by crawling under and following the hose. It is located behind the front drivers side wheel plate .  It is not easily accessible at all, I am going to have to buy a siphon as It can not be accessed from above directly without removing the side panel.  The radiator cap is also difficult to reach and will require a hose as well.  Kind of sad as all the other additive ( windshield wiper, oil, brake fluid) are easy 

InkedPXL_20220909_212539608.jpg

Edited by CanadaCamroad
added photo of placement

It is a van type vehicle so engine access is difficult. Not much about it than I can find but I did find one video that showed the engine access under the passenger seat. Not anything I would ever want to deal with. How does it drive. Do you have good power? The horsepower seems very low for such a large vehicle.

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...

Has okay power, not fast at all but I cruise okay, it is like 0-100 in 5 min. Flip side is it 4x4 and pretty good on fuel. The engine access is through a panel between the two front seats. I do have a mechanic who had to take it apart to pass the Canada inspection, and remove the whole front area to access all the bits. It is running good currently just did a 2000 km round trip journey, but i do have anxiety that something will breakdown and be impossible to fix 

First RV I ever had was a Dodge van and the engine was my armrest. Yeah it was a pain to do anything to. There are a couple of importers in the Seattle area. I assume they have mechanics who know those engines. Also I'm pretty good at sourcing parts but most of them will have to ship from overseas. This is a global part place for Japanese vehicles, might help

Genuine Japanese Car Part Imports - Amayama

Linda S