radio removal??

I take knobs off and see where the nuts are on control shafts...but how does the dash come apart?The panel under radio does not give access ether.How the hech does it come out?I am only getting AM and tape player works ok,just no FM.

I've got a '91 Warrior and have been wondering the same darned thing. I got the knobs off and the

shaft nuts off but how the heck do you get the radio to drop down..Can't get my hand up in there to do anything. So I'm interested in the same thing you are!

SgtMike

'91 Winnebago Warrior (AKA Ka Makoa)

Your title said you have a 92 so here is the drill for a 92. The radio comes out the front, remove the knobs from the heater controls (they just pull off) then remove the panel that the control shafts come thru this a a little tricky if you have some thing like a dental pick that works great. You can bend a small hook in a piece of stiff wire, stick it in the slot for the controls turn it so it catches behind and pull the heater panel out. Behind it there are two screws remove them and then pull the big trim piece off (it snaps in) If the radio is stock it is held in with screws. If you are going to replace it most radio shops sell adapters that just plugs into your wiring it will have to be wired to your new radio but the best part is you don't have to cut your motor home wiring.

I see this will not matter much,year wise.I ran my vin. and see mine is a 91 not a 92 like all paper work shows.Anyway I looked at my dash and it looks like the panel around radio covers a large area of the dash,is this correct.And how hard do you have to pull outward with a pick to get it to release from clips?Thanks for a reply.

They are a bit snug but nothing you need a crow bar to get out. It's best if the cab it warm, little more flexable. Yeah the panel does cover quite a lot maybe 10X12". I don't remember when they changed the body style maybe it was 89. I have an after market cd player and a dual band ham radio in the dash on my 97 Tacoma so there is all kinds of room the stock radios take up a lot of space.