I suppose i should introduce myself

Ezrider_92356

i live in bismarck nd

here is my motor home as i picked it up for free.

DSCI0037.jpg

DSCI0038.jpg

DSCI0045.jpg

DSCI0039.jpg

DSCI0040.jpg

DSCI0041.jpg

DSCI0042.jpg

DSCI0043.jpg

DSCI0043.jpg

DSCI0044.jpg

DSCI0046.jpg

the ceiling is rotted out and full of trash and junk and just nasty

i filled half an dumpster with shit from it today and did some cleaning also taped plastic bags over the top where the roof was leaking.

and ripped some of the old wall paper off the wals

the checked the heater and the stove. and they work have yet to check the refridgerator

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0005.jpg

DSCI0006.jpg

Welcome to the forum

Nice ... you did a good job cleaning that freebie.

Your 'before' pics looks exactly how my rig is when I first got it ... plus mouse traps on mine...occupied!!! xP

But yeah, with a little tlc and tons of bleach, ammonia and lysol ;), my baby is as sterile as an operating room.

Maybe I'm just as sterile now with all those chemicals but ........ :)

Enjoy!

Hi Ezrider!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Toy motorhomes! Whoo whee, did someone use this poor baby as a traveling trash dumpster? Shame on them :thumbdown: . Thumbs up for you for getting it for free. With all the trash cleaned out, it looks like a motorhome inside again. Since you are in Bismarck and more than likely won't be doing any winter camping with it, this could be a winter fix-it-up job. Hopefully, the roof isn't completely toast and you will not find lots of other uh oh things. Since it was free, perhaps you will have some extra cash to use to make this a really nice little motorhome. Don't give up on it as you may have a diamond in the rough! Keep us all informed of your progress.

Best wishes!

Dianne & Charles

here is my toyota motor home next to my pickup camper i carry in my ford power stroke.

DSCI0010.jpg

i do somtimes use the camper in the winter time but it is pretty rare that i do. replacing the ceiling will give me an chance to add some extra insulation and at least i can have the heat cranking so i can still work on it when it is bitterly cold outside. my plan is to replace the ceiling beams one at a time with wider beams so i can double up the insulation i am only 5'7 and the lady is 5'3 so the lost inch of headroom shouldent be an issue. and then ill replace with some wood paniling or some realy thin plywood, then eather paint or use some kind of wallpaper.

i just hope that the little 20r and 4 speed is up to towing my 1958 glasspar trident 15' fiberglass boat that i finnished rebiulding this last spring with a new trasom floor and stringers. its a pretty light boat/trailer probably around 1000lbs all together. my powerstroke tows it like it dosent exist and is light enough to move around by hand on flat land.

i like the idea of going to a motor home over the pickup camper so i don't have the half hour to load it in the truck and the half hour to unload it. i plan on selling the pickup camper when i Finnish the motor home. it is tempting to start stealing some stuff from the pickup camper like the roof A/C, and awning. however i paid $1500 for my pickup camper sense then i have installed hardwood laminate floors and made some other improvements to it, I'm hoping to get 1500-2000 for the pickup camper when i sell it

Edited by Ezrider_92356

Anyone besides me notice that he has the five bolt rear axle?

He needs to check and see if that's the one ton five bolt or the half floating job.

Look on this site under the rear axle info and it will explain the whole issue and the remedy. I would not tow under any circumstance but especially if you don't have the full floating rear axle.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible to remove an roof top air conditioner and install an standard roof vent? i have had my pickup camper listed for a couple weeks now and haven't had an lot of action on it yet, I'm asking 2500 for it, that i don't think is unreasonable considering it has every comfort you could want including an awing and laminate hardwood floors. bathroom stove top and oven 3 way fridge larger upper bed than most, and in good condition. considering that an new roof top air conditioner is around 2000 alone. and the fact that i really don't have an use for my large generator without an a/c unit. i was thinking about removing the a/c and awning installing it on my toy motor home and dropping my price to $1000 on the pickup camper. my toy motor home is not pre-wired for ac but as im replacing the ceiling i don't see an issue with wiring it up. pickup campers are not very popular although mine is very comfortable its still a pain to load and unload. and that is why they don't seem catch high retail value. i traded an $1500 boat for my pickup camper and then made some improvements to it.

I don't know about truck campers, but most MH the AC fits a standard 14x14 opening. You should be able to move the AC for the cost of a new vent assembly and an AC gasket.

You may be stuck with you camper until spring, not a big market now. Everybody is hording their bucks to see what happens to their job and stuff.