Battery charging switch?

bear

Does anyone know anything about this switch? I downloaded the Dolphin manual from gallery and it talks about one, it kinda looks like a Ford starter solenoid. It's suppose to charge both batteries while driving or plugged in. I have something that looks like it on my Itasca Spirit but my aux battery is dead and won't charge either way.

• 1 month later...

It's a continuous duty solinoid rather than a Starter Solinoid although it looks similar. I used to use a Cole Hersey M24117 to isolate marine battery systems but I don't know if that is still a good part number.

I would check the battery fluid level, check the cells with a hydrometer, and see if you can charge it up out of the vehicle. The battery itself may be shot. I had one that seemed pretty dead, but was able to revive it with several days on a trickle charger.

Make sure that the positive battery cable is not in contact with metal and check votage on either side of the isolator solinoid. Engine off, you should have 12V leading into the soilinoid but not out. Engine on, you should have 12V on both terminals. If you do, the solinoid is good.

Sounds like you have an issue with your plug in charger the battery switch has no effect plugged in your battery should still charge. It is only on when the truck key is on then it joins them all together.