Evicting unwanted guests from the MH

Maineah

Any one got any sure fire ideals about getting the little %#&*% to move out or methods to keep them out. When I park the MH for the winter I toss some moth balls under the cover that seems to work but when it is parked between trips they just move right in. I remove any food after parking it but they bring there own in. It really is a strange sound acorns rolling a cross the interior roof at night. I was thinking about the glue things on top of the tires, at some point they will need water (they all ready have enough to eat) any ideals? How high do you think a mouse can jump? The coach is fiberglass over aluminum so there are plenty of ways in and it would be imposable to seal. Some times they fall out on a good trip but not guaranteed.

Now you got me worried...I purchased an old homestead on 10 acres and I was planning

on storing Mrs Clark (my Toyota) there for the Winter and the pasture is loaded with mice.

I was thinking about putting a fine (screen like) wire fence around Mrs. Clark to keep the

little guys out. I was thinking about a two foot fence, but as I am thinking about it mice are

good climbers, they will clear the fence in two seconds....:-(

Dennis...

Yeah I live in the middle of 80 acres lots of fields trees etc. So far I have not had any problems over the winter Maybe you probably know but small class "C" covers are big covers for a Toyota class "C" so they pretty much touch the ground. I have had good luck with a box of moth balls over the winter it just the blasted things are getting in during the summer when I have it parked. Maybe it was just so wet this year they were afraid of drowning and jumped in the MH for high ground. I think I am going to try the glue strips they sell to catch the bloody things and put them on top of the tires they have to have water at some point and I guess they are climbing the tires to get in. I'll let you know if I catch any. I guess I could befriend a snake ( the wife would sure like that)

We had a rat riding with us for a month in our converted bus, I got it shut out of the living quarters, then got it shut out of the storage bays. It was riding in the rear engine room, & I was feeding it rat bait for a week or so, then after a long days run (900 miles to get out of Texas) I put out a dish of anti freeze, he left.

I dont think antifreeze was a good thing to do, but it was way better than the rat. I got it in a trap once, & it screamed bloody murder & got itself out before I could get to it, from then on it wouldnt go near the trap. We are leaving the bus in mouse country this winter while we go south in the Sunrader, will try the moth balls.

Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta watch that they dont come in under the hood and get in the heater ducts etc. I had some fiberglass resin and noticed the smell (even from the closed containers) I put it in the bays of the bus, while we were gone for two weeks, no mice. At this time of year thats pretty remarkable.

Tony

What about getting some serial killer cats. The other option is sealing all the areas on the under side in which they can get in with some expando foam.

Get some cats but they could care less about mice (too well feed I think) unless they are in the house then they chase them all night and generally I am the one that has to catch them chip munks too. There are some pretty big spots in this thing I would need a 55 gl. drum of foam I'm afraid.