Price help for Camper...

toekneeoeeo

I’m looking for some price help on a camper. I know this is a Toyota site, but it’s actually for the close relative, Nissan. It’s a 1984 Nissan Encore II, 19’ (https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/d/northfield-1984-nissan-class-sleeps-six/7303631076.html) In scouring the interwebs, I can’t find any info, comparables, similar models for sale, etc for this. The seller is asking $7500. I’m trying to figure out what is accurate for price point...any ideas? What would be the closest Toyota comparable to this, any ideas? Thanks so much!!!

Edited by toekneeoeeo
Tags

Looks pretty cute and it is clean. I do see some droop in the cieling in front the the roof AC unit so might be some damage there or just lack of support. Here's the biggy. Nissan did come out with a full float axle in 84 but pretty sure that was mid 1984. You need to see the rear wheels off with the wheel covers removed. A full float axle will look like this with the hub sticking out

image.jpeg.3d479af75711d214062f86909d879001.jpeg

If it doesn't look like this it's not worth buying it at all. Replacement axles for the Nissan are almost impossible to find and the non full float is prone to breaking the same as the Toyota's. There was never a recall on them simply because there weren't very many of them. If it is correct offer him 6 grand. 

Linda S

Oh and 1200 dollars for tires is bullshit. We usually pay less than 100 dollars a tire which would make it 600 bucks. And if he bought the wrong type of tire they are useless. Need to be load range C or D to handle the weight of the camper.

He started that at 11.500. My wife wants me to get something she can drive in case she needs to or I would have pursued it further. I didn't bother to ask if it

was a 6 lug. It looks pretty clean over all.

33 minutes ago, linda s said:

Well with the Nissans it would have been 6 lug whether it was a full floater or not. They all have  lugs just different axles and that hub I mentioned

Linda S

Thank you for that info.