1984 toyota sunrader, still not starting!

AprilOstara

So long story short, started great when i bought it.  Then it started great a week later.  Then i must have drained the battery beyond repair by accident.  Then it would start at all, i tried charging the battery, jump starting, brought to autozone, they charged it. Battery wouldnt hold a charge.  So i bought a new battery today. Hooked it up and it almost turned over.....sounded like it was gonna....my heart was fluttering, but no.  AHHHH!  So, i checked connections over and over, tried contacting any mechanics i know but they are all too busy with their own lives to care about me and my silly camper.  

It has new premium gas in it.  I put seafoam in the gas tank to try to give her a boost.  Not sure what else i can do.  It was fine before the battery died.  started strong.  No knocking that i hear or anything, i dont know, any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

23 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

What year? OOPS. 1984. So a carburetor?

So with a charged battery the starter motor spins the engine over but it doesn't fire?

Yes, new battery. It started good before battery got dead dead.  Yes sir, carburetated, and yes, the engine almoooooost gets there, but doesnt all the way.  

Edited by AprilOstara

Try some starter fluid or just pour some gas in the carburetor. If it fires up you know it's just not getting gas. Fuel pump or clogged filter could be the cause. If that doesn't start it then you go the spark. Pull a plug and have someone look at it and see if there is spark. Distributer,  bad plugs, even loose spark plug wires. Also, find a mechanic. Sometimes we just really need them. Take time and care and find someone you can trust. 

Linda S

UPDATE!! 

So i called in the big guns, my kids grand dad and uncle are both mechanics, in whom i thought wouldnt have time for me, but they came!!  The carb needed a spray and a banging and boom, worked!  I just drove forever to get non ethanol gas, and lots of it!!

Im so excited its running like a dream now!!

If ethanol laced gas is what you get on a trip, then carry this to add to each tank. A double dose if your storing you rig for awhile.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/sta-bil-360-protection/