Rear dinette plan Sunrader rebuild 2X jackknife

canadasunrader

Hello there.
I am currently rebuilding a gutted 21' 1986 Sunrader.
It was the rear dinette model.
Originally I planned on simply rebuilding the dinette, but after seeing odysseybernard 's double jackknife set up I am intrigued and nearly sold on this idea instead.

My question however is how did you actually build it in? And did you keep all the storage area underneath and if so how do you access that storage underneath the two sofas?
Thank you so much.
Rick

Thanks Derek.
Doesn't matter to me what it's called. This will be custom and self fabricated anyway, so dimensions are whatever we want them to be.
As to my question, I'm interested in finding out how it was installed and if something like this can be built taking advantage of all the storage space underneath.
Rick

Your basically making  2 storage benches. Google " making storage bench seat " and you will find lots of methods and pick the one you think fits you. For the lid you would add some struts to easily access your storage area like this

https://www.amazon.com/Apexstone-22-5LB-15inch-Spring-Support/dp/B017FVAJP2/ref=pd_sbs_60_t_2/146-4182632-5915548?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B017FVAJP2&pd_rd_r=a61c085e-5fda-46f0-8468-0ff0e4cbf8f3&pd_rd_w=UUfU6&pd_rd_wg=ESyi6&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=VGSCXRB25NRWSBQSVR83&psc=1&refRID=VGSCXRB25NRWSBQSVR83

Cushion's should be removable but velcro tabs could hold them in place. Plan on tossing the back cushions aside to open storage area

Thank you, Linda.
I am referring to the jackknife style bed that would sit on top of the storage box.....

Edited by canadasunrader
I hit the button too quickly...

Alrighty.
Answering my own question here sort of, I see there is jackknife bed hardware available. So I will look into just building a sofa bed on top of storage boxes.
Rick

43 minutes ago, canadasunrader said:

Alrighty.
Answering my own question here sort of, I see there is jackknife bed hardware available. So I will look into just building a sofa bed on top of storage boxes.
Rick

Hint they weigh a ton!