1991 Blowing fuse for marker lights

Eddy748

Hello, I am looking for a 12V wiring routing diagram for a 1991 Toyota Itaska Spirit model IT321RB. I need to find where the clearance/marker lights wiring is run in the camper area. I was doing some work on the L & R lower side of my cabover bed and now the truck keeps blowing the 15amp fuse and no marker lights. At one time there was a diagram for this on the Winnebago website but now gone. There are scematics and a map of the 120V side but now nothing for the 12V from the truck. I have disconnected the feed to the back tail lights that is under the passenger seat but did not work. I have tested the relay in the fuse box and it is good. I thought the 12V ran high over the cabover bed on the Right side and went down to the yellow marker lights along the front edge but I am not sure. I have emailed Winnebago but no responce yet. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you, Eddy

What fuse? I didn't think clearance lights had a separate fuse since they are directly wired to the truck lights. Is it a truck fuse that's blowing? Here is a pretty good diagram for the clearance lights. Found it in old post probably from before Winnebago stopped posting them.  

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1992/105970.pdf

Linda S

That drawing is marked as '92 C Body' so I guess kind of general.

You can still access their 1991 wiring diagrams:- https://winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

The drawing http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1991/085259.pdf is the 'Automotive Wiring' showing the clearance light wiring. The drawing is marked '1986' so it must have stayed the same over the years.

I'm always suspicious of anything (quality) the motorhome manufactures did to extend the Toyota wires when they added the frame extensions. Changing wire colours adds to the confusion! :)

My advice? Get a multimeter and Good Luck!

Wiring Colours - Brakes extended.jpg

• Eddy748 changed the title to 1991 Blowing fuse for marker lights

I am unable to determine the LOCATION of the wiring in the motorhome. I do not know where the wires are actually routed in the wall. There once was a map online that showed where the wires were in the camper but it is not on the website anymore.

Wiring generally does not go bad unless it's damaged. If it's clearance lights I would start removing each and every lens and having a look inside usually they are connected to the parking lights so that would be the next check.

Edited by Maineah

56 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

The wiring diagram I posted above seems to indicate the clearance light run down the left/drivers side.

Is this the 12v drawing you're looking for? Unfortunately, it doesn't show the wires you seek.

1990 Body Inst 095715.pdf 336.37 kB · 0 downloads

Yes looking for that with the 12V wiring to the clearance lights just cant find it. Thank you