I am looking into purchasing a set of Bilstein shocks for the 4x4 Odyssey.  I am a bit unsure as to which model to order as several seem applicable.  I have emailed Bilstein regarding the matter but I figured I'd post here for any possible advice as well.

Bilstein makes a shock for the 1-ton Toyota specifically marketed for the "mini motorhome", part no. 24-002585.

Bilstein ALSO makes a shock marketed for the same year of truck but a Heavy Duty 4x4 shock for the 4x4 chassis (part no. 24-011402).  I am unsure as to which would be more applicable to me, I am assuming 4x4 since the 4x4 probably uses a different shock length than the 2wd?  My concern is that the HD 4x4 shock may not be prepared for the load of the camper but if it is truly HD it should be fine.  

Thoughts?  

Bilstein does make a 5100 heavier duty shock for 4x4's but it's for raised vehicles only. Your stuck with the regular 4600"s. Here are your shocks. This place is consistently cheaper than other online places and  a first rate company. Ignore the stupid picture It's for the whole shock not just bushings. 

http://www.raceconsultingagency.com/bilstein/bilstein-truck-off-road-b6-4600-series-shocks/24011402/i-1738094.aspx

http://www.raceconsultingagency.com/bilstein/bilstein-truck-off-road-b6-4600-series-shocks/24011396/i-1736446.aspx

If you don't have them now air suspension bags can make a huge difference in ride and control. You had them in your Escaper right?

Linda S

Awesome, thank you Linda.  That is the same part numbers I got back from Bilstein.  I did have the airbags on the Escaper and I will be adding them onto this as well.  They did make a great difference!  Just kinda a pain in the butt when you hit a pot hole so big it blows an air line off!  Maybe I'll go extra fancy this time and put right height controls for the rear bags inside of the coach, that would make leveling out at camp a bit easier too.  

For the sake of sharing information, here's what Bilstein responded to me with...

"Hello,

If the truck is stock ride height or has been altered to get it back to stock ride height after the camper weight was added our recommendation is to use the shocks cataloged for the application –

24-011396 – front

24-011402 – rear

The rear camper shock is 3” longer and is for a dually axle, it is actually valved much lighter on compression than the 24-011402 due to the “1-ton” springs they are intended for."