Sorry all, I’m having trouble trying to post properly! Ended up with 2 photos and no text to explain. The part in the photo is attached to the driver side engine compartment and has a red wire that’s not attached to anything. The end of the wire is in the picture. 

Its some kind of high performance ignition thing, and the wire looks like it pushes onto something, it’s like a spark plug wire. Mechanic said it wasn’t live, so why is it there at all?

lost in space?‍♀️

Thank you, Derek, another mystery to unravel!

Hi Greg the shop that did the compression and borescope tests and tuneup said that lead/cord wasn’t live. The mpg is dismal, and it CRAWLS up hills...there’s a leak in the exhaust manifold and it’s one more thing I can’t afford at this point.

on the bright side, I got a new fridge under warranty except the rv dealership charged me for re and re of the rv door to install the fridge. Dometic will not pay any such ‘extras’

34 minutes ago, cruisecontrol said:

Hi Greg the shop that did the compression and borescope tests and tuneup said that lead/cord wasn’t live. The mpg is dismal, and it CRAWLS up hills...there’s a leak in the exhaust manifold and it’s one more thing I can’t afford at this point.

on the bright side, I got a new fridge under warranty except the rv dealership charged me for re and re of the rv door to install the fridge. Dometic will not pay any such ‘extras’

Our 89 v6 went up most hills great. It would shift down, had to be really steep to be crawling. Someone might have put that ignition system in for hopes of better performance. 10 to 13 is not a bad number depending on the terrain and atmosphere conditions. I know some people report 16 mpg, not sure if that is rare or common. If we got 13 mpg that was really good. No matter where we have gone there has usually been several mountain passes to climb to get there and a bunch of cargo. As a comparison, we now have moved to a 25ft travel trailer weighing in at about 3800 pounds empty. Our tow vehicle a 2010 F150 Lariet crew cab with a V8. It's mpg towing averages about the same as our toy did.

as to the frig, on the warriors you remove the passenger seat -  if that would work for your rig, maybe your installer owes you money back - they should eat their incompetence.

4 bolts hold the seat in - takes longer to find the socket then to get it out.

I wonder why someone would put an electronic ign. system on an engine that all ready had electronic ign.? As far as the door I guess you can look at as being resealed but it would have been much easier to take the seat out.

Hi all and thanks for the info, but I have a slumber queen, not a warrior. I did check with the shop in saskatoon that install the new fridge last year, they confirmed that yes, the door had to come out, and no , Dometic won’t pay for that.

we are camping right now along the fraser river, dry camping, every working well...except that enroute, after about an hour driving we stopped at a gas station. Got back in, she wouldn’t start? got a jump started instantly.

parked at the campsite, after almost another hour driving, turned it off. Wouldn’t start. Tried again later, started fine, and again even later. Started fine.

the battery is good one visible negative ground good, the other one, I can’t see where it ends. It’s had a new egr valve, new starter motor, new plugs leads belts rotor distributer cap, air filter. When it doesn’t start, all the dash lights come on, but it won’t turn over. It has a steering column gearshift, I tried pulling it towards me in park while turning the key, and it turned over briefly.

thats all I know so far, I got a voltmeter, have yet to figure out how to use it....

91258199-F0AD-4EA8-90B6-F122646A096A.jpeg

Thank you, Derek, I will ??

Drove back from our camping trip where everything worked really well except the starting issue, (had to keep her running while we were at the dump station)

took about an hour. Parked, turned off. Tried to restart... nothing.

opened the hood, got my hammer, and hit what I thought was the alternator or solenoid, didn’t have my glasses on, and miraculously it started! And has every time I try it now.

heres the strange part: what I hit was a part called a speed control actuator, something to do with the cruise control, which I don’t have!

On 7/18/2018 at 5:02 PM, cruisecontrol said:

opened the hood, got my hammer, and hit what I thought was the alternator or solenoid, didn’t have my glasses on, and miraculously it started! And has every time I try it now.

heres the strange part: what I hit was a part called a speed control actuator, something to do with the cruise control, which I don’t have!

Sounds like you have a loose wire somewhere.