Tire and airbag Pressure

Jewel

Hi Toy Owners

I have a couple of more questions. My '90 Odyssey has 8 ply tires 185R14 tires. My question is should the front tires have the same amout of air 50lbs as the rear duals? GVWR 6000: GAWR f=2050; r=3700. Second question should the rear airbags have the same amount in both sides? I am confused been given different info from mechanic and tire dealer. thanks for any help provided.

Jewel

There must be 500 ideals on how much air pressure the tires should have. You should be able to get the info from the coach builders ID plate behind the drivers seat on the side wall of the cab. They seem to be all over the place so I guess there really is not a definitive answer. Mine requires 50 psi according to the coach builder both ends they built it so I am inclined to believe them. Weight also is a factor more weight you haul the higher the pressure should be be but not to exceed the tires rated pressure. Air bags should be the same both sides.

• 1 year later...

My 89 Winnebago Warrior owner's manual lists 28 psi for all six tires. But this seems awfully low and the tires look under-inflated. I am not sure what should be the proper air pressure for my tires. When they were inflated to 40 psi, the ride was rough. Any suggestions would help.

• 1 month later...
There must be 500 ideals on how much air pressure the tires should have. You should be able to get the info from the coach builders ID plate behind the drivers seat on the side wall of the cab. They seem to be all over the place so I guess there really is not a definitive answer. Mine requires 50 psi according to the coach builder both ends they built it so I am inclined to believe them. Weight also is a factor more weight you haul the higher the pressure should be be but not to exceed the tires rated pressure. Air bags should be the same both sides.

Hey Maineah

I have a 89 Odyssey Americana that I bought last fall. The tires were badand at that time I was not on this website so anyway I replaced them with new 195R14C 8 ply rateing. on the side of the tire they

say 65lbs and the max load for duals is 1985 lbs. seems like that would be a hard ride. If i decrease the pressure the bottom of the tires really get close together. Do you think that they will rub and cause a blowout?

I would appeceate your opion.Thanks

GaryN.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Toy Owners

I have a couple of more questions. My '90 Odyssey has 8 ply tires 185R14 tires. My question is should the front tires have the same amout of air 50lbs as the rear duals? GVWR 6000: GAWR f=2050; r=3700. Second question should the rear airbags have the same amount in both sides? I am confused been given different info from mechanic and tire dealer. thanks for any help provided.

Jewel

I run 8 ply tires which are rated for 65psi max. That is what I run. If you under fill a tire you can not carry the rated load (per tire data). Yes they ride firm but my itasa spirit weighs 5700 before I get in it. and when we travel I bet it weighs quite a bit more then that. When it had 6 ply tires, they were rated at 50 and that is what I ran

As for the airbags, I run them at max - I put in 100 - everytime you check them you lose 5-10 lbs.

Yes the ride is firm.

Without the actual weight of your rig we can't do much, but guess.

Most of run over 45psi in the front and 55 psi in the rears. Adjust the airbag pressure until your rig sits level when its loaded