Chinook on 3/4 ton axle? Is it Bad?

Chinook1977

I think its ok, not that I really know what I'm talking about but I think its just a stock axle. So I would think about it as don't load it down more then you would a toyota pickup.

Standard pickup truck 1000# max, it's a pickup rear. It really is not a defect just over loaded, last bit of straw on a camel's back. Best bet 1 ton rear safer and more stable.

Chinooks run a single rear wheel and are OK, its the "homemade" duels that cause all the problem.

Modern tires have come a long way the 185x14LT tire will safely support 1800 lb ea. I dont think that your Chinook has 3600 lb on the rear axle.

Just be sure of your weight, the fake duels extend the leverage on the outside end of the axle and make a small problem worse. I can't tell you how much weight is on the back end of your camper or guess how much you are going to load in it but the rear is rated 1000# no matter what tires you put on it. I gather that the Chinooks are fairly light but the hight will raze the center of gravity it would be nice if they were real duel wheels on a 1 ton. I'm not preaching doom and gloom just safety if it's light enough go for it.