I have a 1985 Toyota Huntsman. It is an 1984 Toyota chassis with the replacement 1 ton 6 lug axle. On the front are the 5 lug wheels. Can you recommend the best shocks to put on the RV. We plan on a trip out west and will be climbing a mountain or two on the way. I noticed the RV has a fair amount of sway and figure that new shocks may help or eliminate most of the sway. I had the air bags at 50 lbs and very light load in the RV for the trip home. When we hit some crosswinds it wanted to lean more than I was use to with although it was managable. I also noticed when I was on the roof it had so lean with my weight on the roof. I guess I want the best stability over ride quailty but would like to know the options and opinions on shocks.

Thanks

Huxz

Edited by huxz

Best shocks are Bilstein, best bang for the buck Monroe

I bought the Monroe shocks 34953 for the front and 34803 for the back. 42.50 apiece. I questioned if the fronts will work as mine itruckis a 1984 Toyota, the parts store says thats the right number.They also have a rebate program going on buy four and get a rebate for one. Thanks for the recommendation, I pick them up Friday.

The rebate is good thru May 31, 2008 if anyone else is looking for the Monroe shocks.

Huxz

• 2 weeks later...