Fresh water tank hatch cover

KGordon

Another newbie question.  The exterior cover for my fresh water tank is pretty chewed up, and I'm not sure how it opens. Before I start prying with a screwdriver and possibly damage it irreparably, can someone tell me how it opens. I have a feeling it will need to be replaced. 

image.jpeg

The center round part pulls out. There should be a little loop pull with a section that goes down to the non moving part to lock it. Not much room to lock it though. I use a wire bag twist thing from the grocery store. Should also be an O-ring to seal it right there when you open it. Buy a new one. Oops. I thought I would find them everywhere and give you a link. I only found them one place but here goes. You can also see better how it works from the pics. Most of the newer ones would require you to cut a bigger opening in your motorhome. Yuck. Just replace it before they disappear completely.

Linda S

http://www.dyersonline.com/valterra-telescoping-water-fill.html

That one would be very helpful Linda in places where the campground does not allow hose hook up to the RV. I had to cut a water bottle to do the same. I now carry a battery powered pump.

20170707_202032.jpg

6 hours ago, Nam said:

That one would be very helpful Linda in places where the campground does not allow hose hook up to the RV. I had to cut a water bottle to do the same. I now carry a battery powered pump.

20170707_202032.jpg

Another new one.  A campground that does not allow hose hook up?  Cannot say I have found one of those yet.  

I have used a plastic bottle with an opening cut in one side to fill water when I could not get close enough to a faucet - so I used gallon jugs and the little bottle as a funnel.  A heavier plastic than the one shown.