1986 Toyota Sunrader 17' Gas Rv 4X4 Turbo 5Spd Fuel Injected A/c 22Rtec

sdboltdude

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/rvs/4250423242.html

San Diego Sunrader...

I looked at this RV in October this guy runs a RV Junk yard says its for a relief fund for hungry children

everything was junk!!!!nothing worth anything....

owner is very convinced he has #1 out of only 4 ever made sunrader 4x4 off of production line

we all know that's not true

and he thinks he will get the same money as the guy in San Francisco $25000

it is a nice find and in decent shape

he is going to have to find that one person who can't live without this model.. Good luck buddy

I told the guy he would be lucky to get $15000 to $18000

and I think that was way to high. I was just being nice & didn't want to bust his bubble.....

They left the factory with standard 6 bolt 4x4 rear axle but with fake 15 inch duallies in the back. Not single wheels.

Linda S

I do know of one 4x4 Sunrader that was converted to true 1 ton axle by Sunrader company. I believe it's the only one they ever did. The original owner lived in the Bay area near the Sunrader plant and insisted his new 1986 Sunrader had a full float axle. My friend Mike purchased it from the wife after he died.

Your the only one here who has seen this camper I think. Can you give us some more info about the condition if you know any. Do you have any idea how long he has owned it and if he has maintained it. Just in case someone on this site is bidding

Linda S

Your the only one here who has seen this camper I think. Can you give us some more info about the condition if you know any. Do you have any idea how long he has owned it and if he has maintained it. Just in case someone on this site is bidding

Linda S

I did not spend allot of time looking at rv kind of wish I did knowing how rare it was now..

just peeking in not going inside the interior looks like what you see in pic ok condition needs some modernizing looks old but ok condition..

the only thing I question the GUY about is the 5 lug front wheels..(not sure if they make 6 lug 4x4) he said 5 lug is normal for this Sunrader.

he is not one of the original owner's

I don't think he is selling it as a RV Broker...but someone donated this Rv or he just got a good find....

seller sells a lot of Junk on Craigslist most of his stuff is just that junk.

remember this came from a RV JUNK YARD not saying this is junk at all and looks like its maintained little rust and little oil/grease under truck

not sure how long he owned it I would say he never drove it and just parked it and got it ready for quick sale.

steve

If it's a factory turbo though it has the same axle as the later year V6 models. Heavier duty than the 4 banger but still not sure if it's enough. I have never seen a rear adapter like that before though. The pic from the outside makes the wheel look flush with the mounting plate but the pic from the rear doesn't look like the deep dish of a dually. It's something I would want to inspect in person if I was in the buying mood

Linda S

I have never seen a rear adapter like that before though. The pic from the outside makes the wheel look flush with the mounting plate ...

If you mean the rear Foolies, I've seen this before. Sticks in my memory because the very 'odd' (pun intended) arrangement of the 4x4 6 lug but then only 5 lugs attaching the Foolies together. I guess it was a Sunrader 'solution' since it was a 6 to 5 transition!

I guess if you drive 'half fast', the 'half-assed' solution might work or another 30 years. If I was bidding and won, I think I'd buy it a set of 4-Runner alloy rims and install something like 235/70R15" tires on single rear rims. Regearing the axles, of course, to compensate for the larger tires. :)

no not me I was just wondering if he took the last bid....

No, it looks like he removed his reserve and it actually sold. But if you're serious, there's nothing to lose sending him a message with an offer in case the sale falls through.