Newbie.....What is this switch for

Ron Hampson

Turn on all the lights in the camper and then flip the switch. Some times there is a turn on one light switch for entry in the dark

In my '88 Escaper it is also the light above the sink. the light fixture on mine also has a slide switch that needs to be on. I just leave the fixture turned on and use the lower switch to turn it on and off, makes it easier to enter at night.

The switch that is near the light above the sink happens to be the water heater, which is a direct spark ignition. Don't turn it on & leave it on unless the heater is full of water. I found out what it does because when I turned it on, I heard the spark ignition. Luckily the gas was turned off and the heater did not light. It would not have mattered because the heater was left full of water during the winter and it had split and needed to be replaced.

The switch for the outside light is in the outside light fixture above and behind the assist handle.

1985 Escaper w/Flr plan 2101....There is a switch located just inside the entrance mounted on the side of cabinet and lights up when acitvated . Cant fiqure out what it connected to. help

odds are this switch is for 12 volt/120 volt operation for the lights.

it also would turn them all off also. in my 79 dolphin it was actually on the dining bench. does not exist in my 85/part of the converter or automatic.

On my 1987 Escaper I have two buttons by the door. The one button without the light on it nearest the door turns the light on above the sink. Now the second button that has the red colored light is the switch for the hot water heater.

You flip the switch and it lights up, once the hot water heater is on and burning, the light turns out.

Check this video out for a demo...

Hope this helps.