12 Volt plugs

LotsaKidz

Our camper has one 12 volt plug in the camper body and the 12 volt plug in the dash of the truck. When boondocking, the plug in the back will run a fan and keep things cool (we are in Florida and need the fan!). But the kids sleeping in the loft complain about being hot.

I was considering plugging in a fan to the front (dashboard) 12 volt plug for the kids, but I'm concerned that this likely draws power off the truck battery and not the coach battery, which would spell trouble when we got ready to depart the next morning.

Can anyone confirm if this is right: DOES the dashboard plug most likely connect to the truck battery?

If so, what other solutions do you use for this kind of scenario, short of some type of rewiring, which I likely cannot do?

Yes you are correct it also will not work with out the key being on. They do make a "Y" adapter for a lighter outlet.

Yeah they make little splitter plugs so you have more than one 12 volt outlet in the back. They sell them at auto parts store but you might need an extension too to get the fan to the front. Lots on ebay

Linda S

you could add a 12volt plug

just tap into a light switch for power

it should not be that hard

a little solder & drilling a hole

for 12volt plug..

good luck..

I use a 12volt car/truck jumper box for 12volt power and its portable and cheap

You could replace your top light with one of these and they make a fan that plugs into it, very simple to do and would make the outlet near the loft.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RV-Camper-12V-2-Bulbs-Interior-Light-w-Accessory-Plug-FREE-SHIPPING-/121096008930?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c31e274e2&vxp=mtr