RV paneling

Tundrawolf

Hello,

I am trying to make this as short and aswee tas possible, but...

A while back someone posted a link to a website of a couple who built their own motorhome out of a more modern Toyota.

They used some sort of spage-aged paneling that has a honeycomb in the center. I forget the name...

For those of you who are familiar with the project:

This paneling-is it strong enough to stand on the roof if that is what the RV is made of? If not, how do I make it so I can store stuff on the top? Do I need to gusset it up? How do I adhere the sides?

Something lightweight that has a great insulation value is what I am after. I might have a good job coming up and the RV is a priority for me.

Thanks!!

I THINK it was in the sawzall thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I am trying to make this as short and aswee tas possible, but...

A while back someone posted a link to a website of a couple who built their own motorhome out of a more modern Toyota.

They used some sort of spage-aged paneling that has a honeycomb in the center. I forget the name...

For those of you who are familiar with the project:

This paneling-is it strong enough to stand on the roof if that is what the RV is made of? If not, how do I make it so I can store stuff on the top? Do I need to gusset it up? How do I adhere the sides?

Something lightweight that has a great insulation value is what I am after. I might have a good job coming up and the RV is a priority for me.

Thanks!!

http://nida-core.com/english/nidaprod_honeyinfo_working.htm

Nidacore.....polypropylene honeycomb core covered on both sides with soft polyester non woven fabric. Great coring material and easy to fiberglas over..

How do I adhere the sides? (nidacore)
Toyoguy and I were discussing the super camper's corners and how they pop-riveted bracket sides for their nidacore project. We were a little confused as to the integrity of this method, but of course the builder of the super camper is an engineer for a helicopter manufacturer, so I'm sure he knows what the *oooo he's doing. :) The reinforced corners sure look nice too.

Also, Toyoguy has done some extensive research into different materials for his own RV project. He has found some really cool stuff as well as a slew of distributors and a wealth of products. He'd be a great resource to tap into for nidacore alternatives.

So are you planning on building a coach from scratch as well? Or maybe just a new roof?

*Edit:

H-E-L-L is a moderated word? WTH? :devel::)