Hi, back again..looked under the hood of this 1990 and freaked. as previosly posted it wont stay running.It's a 3.0 V-6 can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located? My plan is to disconnect the gas line fom filter, see if fule pump ..pumps.if so replace filter and see if it will start. any help will be apreciated.

thanks Gene

Sorry I can't help you with the location some one will come along with a V6 MH I am sure. But what I will tell you if every thing is good the fuel pump moves a lot of fuel fast! Unregulated it is capable of 80 psi or more so be real careful about sparks and such. If you can find some one with a fuel pressure gauge you'll get a lot better results just having fuel will not tell you what you need to know line pressure needs to be around 35 psi or it's not going to run right.

Hello Gene,

I also have a 1990 (Odyssey model), and the fuel filter is on the inside of the chassis frame under

the passenger seat. It is a metal cylinder about 6 to 8 inches long and about 3 to 4 inches wide. Gas

lines screw into each side. If I remember correctly, the gas lines need to be torqued down 14-18 lbs

(please verify yourself) and the nuts are 14mm. You may need a crowfeet (think that is what they are

called (like an open ended wrench head that attaches to a socket/torque wrench. The instructions made

a big deal that the gas lines will leak if too loose or too tight.

Dennis...

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Gene,

I also have a 1990 (Odyssey model), and the fuel filter is on the inside of the chassis frame under

the passenger seat. It is a metal cylinder about 6 to 8 inches long and about 3 to 4 inches wide. Gas

lines screw into each side. If I remember correctly, the gas lines need to be torqued down 14-18 lbs

(please verify yourself) and the nuts are 14mm. You may need a crowfeet (think that is what they are

called (like an open ended wrench head that attaches to a socket/torque wrench. The instructions made

Dennis...

I have a 92 winnie spirit with the V6 - my fuel filter was in the same place -- when I changed my filter I had a leak - took a few stabs to get it to stop. Cost onthat filter varied a lot - from about 7 - $20.

Hello Gene,

Dennis...

Hello DanattheCap,

My fuel filter did the same thing, it leaked all over, it took me three tries to get it right.

In my case the gas line flang was not seating squarely into the new filter, once I moved

the gas line around a bit, I could feel it drop in place and all was fine going forward.

Dennis...

• 3 years later...

I don't know about the V6, but the 4 cyl fuel filter on the 22RE (fuel injected) is mounted on the engine, passenger side, burred up there just above the starter. (The Oil filter is beside it, Walmart could not find so I had to show them where it was)

May want to remove front right tire to help get at, and also the starter.

Remove the PLUS or MINUS battery cable before doing anything, as your going to have fuel spray everywhere and you don't want a spark working around the starter. If you can get a wrench on the Banjo fitting, knock them loose before removing the filter, might be a little easier.

I also heard of people putting the new filter on the fender or firewall. I don't plan on doing this again, so I just put mine back in original location.

post-4544-0-37201100-1345289829_thumb.jp

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto