Toyota Durability

fred heath

If you happen to read the classified section of this site there is a 1976 Chinook with **303,000** original miles.

This is the original owner. It has the 20R engine. This is just amazing to me.

Many sellers would round down the mileage (5 digit odometer). I know the 20R engine is supposed to be "bullet proof", this really puts it into perspective.

I'm happy I have the 22RE! More evidence of a bullet proof engine! That's amazing mileage. Don't think I'll live long enough to put that many miles on Grannie:-)!

Just bought a 1993 Dolphin, 3.0 liter, automatic transmission 63000 miles in fair condition in Miami. After 7 new tires, old ones dry rotted, we drove it to Downeast, Maine in 4 driving days averaging 14.5 to 16.3 mpg for the trip. Now the work begins... but not on the engine!?

The former owner had an oil change done, new filters and belts and normal engine maintenance when he decided to sell. The tires "looked" OK and the invoice was dated 2014. The date stamp on the tires turned out to be 47/10, my bad. The place to look for that info is not on the shoulder of I95 in Stuart, Florida. I am a semi retired boat  mechanic and engine maintenance is what I do almost every working day.  OK, technically it is work, but  not  like major problems would be. Thanks for the schedule!

The owner had every manual except the Dolphin owners manual and the Toyota truck manual. I am searching for the Dolphin info..

Thanks again Derek... great info. Too bad I have to go to work tomorrow, lots to study. I'm the only licensed A/C-refrigeration tech left at work and work the haul out and commissioning seasons. Last day 4th of July and then off with the camper! Meanwhile, I'm reading all this stuff...wait, shouldn't I have read this first!? before buying?