Removal of exterior midline weatherseal on Raider

ToyoGuy

Hey all,

Has anyone removed this white weatherseal covering the heads of the anchoring screws for the wall/panel nailers inside ? I am gutting an 18 footer to re-floor and am considering using this method again as opposed to epoxying rails horizontally to screw to. Also, has anyone had any luck re-building framing and cabinets lighter than original by using newer/better/lighter materials ?

Thanks,

ToyoGuy

Are you talking about the plastic in the channel? If you are that stuff is available in rolls and it is easy to put in. Lots of camper places have it in different colors all though it’s hard to find on their sites. There are different widths so take a piece out and measure it. Got me on the cabinets seems like a lot of work are they rotten?

Are you talking about the plastic in the channel? If you are that stuff is available in rolls and it is easy to put in. Lots of camper places have it in different colors all though it's hard to find on their sites. There are different widths so take a piece out and measure it. Got me on the cabinets seems like a lot of work are they rotten?

Yeah, holes in the doors, bad interior paint job, generally trashed and WAY too much tobacco smell !

Also need to uncover whole floor to rebuild. If I didn't like the thing so much I'd be redoing the guest bedroom instead. <_<

Too bad, well it least it will be just the way you want it when it’s done. Have you seen Buick’s project? He is restoring the interior in his, has some great pictures on this site he might be one to talk to.