Caulking

Baseball Dad

2 hours ago, Baseball Dad said:

Has anybody ever use sikaflex to seal around there RV

?

Which one?  I tried to look up the material data sheet and there is a variety of products.  Which one is designed with a lot of flex for an RV application? 

I just used eternabond tape on mine 50 feet was enough to do all the roof edges about 3 inches down in back, the front and rear seal on the roof,  and all the way down the cabover.  I pulled the channel cover out since it was cracked and leaking. It flexes and sticks for up to 35 years if done right. It can be taken off with a blow drier if needed. 

the one i started to seal the cargo area is Sikaflex construction sealant.For around the front and back seal I ordered Seal tite Corner tape 1 1/2".let me know what you guys think.Oh I was wondering what glazing seal would you use for the windows?

JD is using OSI Quad for caulking,   I looked it over and am using it also.  Not an easy water clean up product so care is needed when applying!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/OSI-10-fl-oz-White-No-001-QUAD-Advanced-Formula-Window-Door-and-Siding-Sealant-VOC-1642487/203357966

Most things that attach to the RV should use Butyl rubber putty tape. If you try to stretch it and it quckily breaks it is not butyl rubber.

I have Toyed with different tapes and would stick with Eternaond unless someone has something better?

For flat roof areas, a self leveling is best, I have no recommendations on it, I used Dicor self leveling as it was quickly available.

HTH  Jim

I have completely sealed all areas that are not flat with Flexseal by Geoseal. On the roof I used Dicor self leveling caulking and Eternabond tape and as Jim said Butyl tape. When restoring my 85 Granville, I found the Butyl tape that was underneath stuff that I was resealing  was still in perfect condition! Make sure when you buy Butyl tape that it stretches like bubblegum or it's not Butyl tape like Linda states.