I just thought I'd post these for those thinking of adjusting their valves:-

PN 13753(?)

http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=504797&ukey_product=3935122

85782056L.gif

85782057L.gif

I have HEARD (so can't confirm) that they're not the kind of thing they keep in stock, so be prepared to wait. There are lots (dozens?) of thicknesses so you can't really buy ahead of time.

Special tools and a good working knowledge of how the use a micrometer would help also.

Just saying this is not a project for the faint of heart and it's pretty important to get it right.I will add compressed air works much better than the tool to remove the shims. 

I did it a few months ago - PITA.   But it runs a lot better now. I had overheated and the exhaust valves were way too tight.  My local Toy dealer has a great parts mgt - they got the sizes I need overnight and matched the internet pricing. (many dealerships have ebay /amazon sites now).

I would not be too concerned on finding the shims - there were a lot VZ3E engines put out there - and many are still running. Mine will turn over 100k soon and is running pretty good now.

Edited by DanAatTheCape