Trade offs

WME

:angry: When I went from my 86 Escaper to a Georgie Boy 26ft Class A, I knew there would be trade offs. In exchange for giving up 3-4 mpg and the occasional parking spot, I get more storage capacity, cruising rage, water and fluid storage and a real bedroom

Well today I found another trade off, Its time to wash and wax the GB. Even with proper power tools the beast is huge. I'm color sanding the fiberglass gelcoat and anything that looks dodgie. After one day I've got the nose cap  and 1/2 the cargo doors done. Looks like I'm about 1/4 done. I did the Escaper in a day by hand!!!!!!!

Wife and I have been talking about jumping into that same boat as you for many of the same reasons.  While charming, the Toyota would never work for us to spend a few months in and maintain marital harmony.  5 days is pushing it for us.  Beyond adding yet another vehicle to the family fleet, I worry about the higher cost of maintenance for a much larger vehicle with items such as tires and brakes.  The Toyota is at a comfortable size where most of the work hasn't cost too much even to have it done.  I've seen a number of ads where the seller indicates they just spent thousands in maintenance as one of the selling points.   The concern for us is it becoming the RV equivalent of B.O.A.T (Bust out another thousand). 

After a 2 week trip in the Escaper the decision was made to go bigger. Now we have done 5 weeks and the police were not involved :rolleyes:.

The rv stuff is the same as far as replacements. Most of the chassis parts are in the Toyota price range.

Tires will leave you breathless when you need 4 and at the gas station, the pump looks like the national debit counter in Times Square, during a fill up.