I read alot about tires on here I want to know what some opinions on the 205/75/14 trailer tires that I should have asked before I purchased but they were on my rv so I put the same ones on a believe uhaul uses them on there trailers please let me know thanks

Well they are trailer tires. They are not meant for a vehicle that has to steer because of the stiffer side walls. No legitimate tire place should have ever agreed to install them. The correct tire size should be on your drivers side door jamb. 185r14

Linda S

Are the tires by chance designated "ST" or is someone telling you these are trailer tires?  I ask because when I went to purchase the Nexen I have, one dealer looked these up and claimed they were trailer tires from his distributor look up.  I then did a bit of checking around including the Nexen site to confirm they were indeed truck tires.

From the web: Carlstar Group

Trailer tires are designated “ST” for “Special Trailer” tires. Trailer tire requirements differ greatly from automotive or light truck tires. Automotive tires are designated “P” for Passenger or “LT” for Light Truck and are not designed for trailer use. Passenger or truck tires, with their more flexible sidewalls, can result in trailer sway problems. The stiffer, heavy duty sidewalls of ST tires are designed to control and reduce sway problems. The construction, design, materials and testing used in “ST” tires meet the higher load requirements, duty cycles and special demands of trailering.

I believe most trailer tires say on them "for trailers only"   I would investigate a bit before going off the deep end!     You could post the tire info here and these ex NASA  guys might be able to figure it out.

Jim

Not on Sat. night, that is the MENSA meeting :D

10 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Multiple personality disorder?                 

No, just plenty of people like to join me fishing.  I say that like they knew I would be there.  Was a rough trip today as storms came in and the boat I was on not nearly big enough.  A wild wet ride indeed.  A lot of people had never been on a boat before.  I'm thinking they'll never try again.  One woman seemed concerned at my lack of worry.  I told her I'll start panicking when the captain does.   We bobbed up and down quite a bit but at no point did we have water coming over the sides.  The wet came from the horizontal rain.  When we did finally get back into shore I asked "who's going fishing tomorrow?".  Not the warmest reception I've ever received to an idea.

Edited by Back East Don

20 hours ago, linda s said:

They are not meant for a vehicle that has to steer because of the stiffer side walls.

20 hours ago, Back East Don said:

Are the tires by chance designated "ST" or is someone telling you these are trailer tires? 

20 hours ago, jjrbus said:

I believe most trailer tires say on them "for trailers only" 

5 hours ago, Jaunt said:

just got 185R14 hankook ra18's for $72/each off amazon

Asked and answered but a bit hard to go further without any input from the OP.  Sorry for the fluff.  The heat is making some of us loopy.

Turns out I need some advice about tires, too. 

Linda was gracious enough to meet with me and my henchman today, and she noticed that the brand new rear tires that came with my Sunrader are a touch too big and the dually tires touch each other. 

My front tires, which are almost new, are larger than what folks have mentioned here. They're 215/75R14. Should I get rear tires that size? Or maybe replace all six?

Also, does anyone have advice about how/where to sell the nearly new rear tires? I'd love to come out even on this switcheroo.