Getting rid of my beloved Sunrader

Well, I took the plunge and am moving up to a Winnebago Rialta, ten years younger than my 21' Sunrader, putting Roncinante on Craigslist in SFBay Area. 

It's kinda scary, as I am a lot less confident about being able to find parts for the drivetrain compared to the trusty Toyo, but here we go...

If you know anyone looking for a very decent 89 Sunrader point them this way...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/rvs/5667575893.html

I spent far too much time looking for a Rialta, that would have been better spent finding a Toy!  After lurking on the Rialta forum for several months I decided no way would I buy one.  The final straw for me was when someone in MIami scrapped one because after a year he could not find an ECU for it.    Jim

toy.PNG

2 hours ago, jjrbus said:

I feel bad raining on his parade:unsure: I hope he puts the Toy in storage.  

People have their reasons.  We came close to giving up on the restoration and then almost deciding to sell ours after the first year of camping.  Ours was supposed to be our starter RV so we could see if we like it.  Finally after getting it to where it sits today, the wife want to keep it even though she would like to buy a larger one for longer trips.  As we are selling our house next year and down sizing, I'll need to find storage.

This would be a perfect candidate for a top down restoration.  I still have it in the back of my head that I'll replace the Itasca with one of these.  I really like the both the look and the rear dinette with the big windows in the back.  This is in the right year range for me and in seemingly decent starting shape.  Just a bit far away and a little too early yet.  Although I did go all the way to Barstow CA for my Landcruiser.

To anyone in the market, give this a look. Rocinante carried my family and me over a good chunk of California about 4 years ago. It is a trusty steed. Drove like a dream and I was able to get close to 18 mpg. Assuming you haven't let this thing go to pot over the last 4 years, which I doubt, I wouldn't hesitate to fly out there again and this time just keep driving east. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time with my current job which is why I sold the Odyssey last year. 

Good luck with the sale, Mike. Hope Rocinante goes to a worthy new owner. If a prospective new owner would like a reference, let me know.

9 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Another one!  You need help and should get to Toyoholics anonymous before it is too late!

People flip houses all the time. I am after all, semi-retired.  I'll still end up with only one Toyota.  Like I said, it is just an idea.  An even crazier idea.  This.  4 wheel drive conversion with 6" lift.  Hell of a beach buggy.

4x4conversion.jpg