I am planning on installing a trans cooler on my A43D. I have read that it should be installed in parallel with the radiator on the return line side. Is this correct? Also, which line on the trans (drivers side or passenger side) is the return line? Should I install the temp gauge on the output line side before the radiator?

Blew off the cooler, fried the temp gauge, killed the O/D solenoid, smoked that little tranny...all because I trust this info here. Who wrote that BS? Aft line is the return line. Never trust anyone, not even a guy at the dealer, figure it out on your own! The tranny line closest to the engine is the fluid coming out of the tranny and going to the radiator to be cooled, but don't trust me or you might end up covered in tranny fluid like I did...

and I can't work this darn site.

• 1 year later...

Following the instructions that came with the trans temp/filter kit, I put the plastic bags over the open ends of the trans hoses, cranked the engine a couple turns (coil wire removed). Confirmed that the forward trans line is the outlet pipe & the aft line is the return to the trans.

If all else fails, read the instructions.