Front & Rear Receiver - Scooter Rack

davidtan

That front bike hitch looks slick.

Are you worried about the bike's being in your way when driving? How much ground clearance will the bikes have when on the rack?

Once I get everything mechanically sound, maybe I'll add in a beefier back hitch so I can have some external storage/bike rack.

Nice work. Last summer here in northern Michigan - I was getting gas when another Toyota micro-mini pulled up.  Note the front receiver hitch. I have no idea what it was used for.   The driver kind of disappeared and I never got to speak with him (or her).

IMG_20150712_190559049.jpg

Image1.jpg

Bicycle tires go no lower than the caster bar, so the pick up will bottom out first. Driving is no problem, The thing that actually is kinda a draw back is when you turn on headlights, it bounces off the bike wheel , but i usually try not to drive at night

On 6/6/2016 at 10:41 PM, davidtan said:

Bicycle tires go no lower than the caster bar, so the pick up will bottom out first. Driving is no problem, The thing that actually is kinda a draw back is when you turn on headlights, it bounces off the bike wheel , but i usually try not to drive at night

Ah, nice. Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to see if I can get my local garage to quote me out on a build like that.

• 3 months later...

I would love to see a picture of the bikes on the front rack. Looking to do this myself, scooter on the back and bikes on the front. I don't mind bugs, old bullet proof mountain bikes.