Neat little RV on Doc Martin (British)

zero

For those of you that condemn TV, I guess this question does not apply.  Anyone out there that does dare to watch a TV screen instead of a computer/device screen and tune in the British show Doc Martin?  It is on PBS, the one channel that seems to come in anywhere we go.  A guy on the show is now sort-of homeless and traded for an small, old RV.  They don't call it an RV on the show. Old caravan maybe, or camper?   It is small, it is British, likely from the late 60s or early 70s.  It is diesel, and it has a full-floating rear.  I wish I'd grabbed my camera earlier when it first appeared on the show.  The guy is living in it and now making a still inside to produce and sell booze.   I'm thinking it's a Ford Transit van with maybe a Dormobile coach??  Whatever it is, it neat. I'd love to have one to fix up.  Sounds like it has a small four cylinder diesel engine.  Full-floating rear is obvious, but with single tires.  The FF rear looks just like the ones our Toyota's use.

DSCF7080.JPG

DSCF7081.JPG

DSCF7082.JPG

I watch TV, I do not support the cable or satellite companys, nor the likes of CNN, FOX etc. I do not watch a lot of TV but have Amazon prime and Netflix and get an occasional movie.

I have watched Doc Martin, but for some reason (working on Toy, painting house) have not seen it in some time and have missed the bloke living in the caravan, will have to make an effort to do that.

You can likely find info on the caravan somewhere on the net?                         Jim

I searched around and found more info.  The IMD "vehicles in movies and on TV database" has it. It is a 1976 or 77 Ford Transit MK1 camper  Has a full-floating rear and a 2.4 liter four-cylinder diesel.  So it might have near the power of a Toyota 2.2 liter gas (20R engine). Neat little rig. I want one.  The white one in these photos looks like a "poor man's Sunrader." Has FF in rear, front wheels to match and 6 lug like our Toyotas made in latter years. I bet Toyota copied their FF rear to make the ones used in our RV's. 

image7.jpg

Image2.jpg

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.jpg

" For those of you that condemn TV, I guess this question does not apply. "

bleh.... its on netflix, so i can watch it just fine. no need to be forced to watch the PBS agenda or be subjected to their constant begging for donations to continue it.

We get PBS free, over the air,. anywhere we go (so far).  Due to government funding and having no problem spending money - we sometimes find that PBS is the ONLY station we can get when camping.   No commercials and if something comes on afterwards we don't like - easy solution. We turn it off.