There is nothing in my manuals about using overdrive or overdrive/off for my v-6 92 Warrior. I could not find anything at the forum using search. Could I get some specifics about its use: just hills?, what speeds? etc.Doug 92 Warrior v-6

I was hoping that someone with newer Toys would reply to this, but I'll stick in my 2 cents worth. I use my overdrive on the flat and in gentle, not too frequent, hill areas. Mine shifts into overdrive at about 57 - 59 miles per hour. I feel it shift into overdrive, then back off the speed a tad and cruise just below 60 miles per hour. I remember reading one time that a wind wall developes in front of a vehicle at 60 mph and increases the wind resistance about four times that at 55 mph. So. I decided to just cruise at about 57 to 59 mph as a good compromise of miles traveled per day and still keep decent gas mileage. The overdrive helps gas mileage a good bit, but in mountains and frequent hills , the constant shifting in and out of overdrive does not do the tranny longetiveity much good. A tranny repair is expensive and will far surpass the money saved in gas mileage by using overdrive excessively. When in doubt, don't .

Thats my thoughts.

There is nothing in my manuals about using overdrive or overdrive/off for my v-6 92 Warrior. I could not find anything at the forum using search. Could I get some specifics about its use: just hills?, what speeds? etc.Doug 92 Warrior v-6

my 91 itasco spirit (same as winne warrior) has a toyota owners manaul - it says to turn it off if the vehicle is shifting in and out of OD - like when operating on hills or when towing. There are no speed recommendations otherwise.

I would leave engaged otherwise. I also noted that they recommended using "2" and (if even slower) "L" going down hill (for engine braking) but to use "d" for uphill. There are speed recommendations for 2 & L.

I have read in other posts that some have reported that when operating above (It think it was) 3,000 ft elevation that OD would not work - someone said there is a barimetric device that locks the OD out. Others had reported that it would quit going up and work again when lower.