Micro-Mini Jeep Rv (Before Toyota)

zero

I worked on a lot of Willys and Kaiser Jeeps back in the 60s-70s. I had no idea that in 1969 - Jeep was offering RV bodies for them. This thing is NEAT! I want one. The ad shows the CJ5 with the GM 3.7 liter V6 in it. The Jeep was also offered with the 2.2 liter four-cylinder under Kaiser. A few years before Willys owned Jeep - they offered a Perkins diesel in the USA. Seems shortly after this Jeep RV package was offered - Kaiser-Jeep was bought out by American Motors and the RV thing was quickly dropped. About the V6. It appears that it is the all aluminum V8 that Oldsmobile and Buick used for awhile and later got sold to Rover overseas. Very light engine. I had one in an MG. Two guys can pick one up after having a few beers (I know, I've done it).

So - now on my wish list is three Jeeps (besides many Toyotas). Jeep diesel, Jeep farm-version with three-point hitch, and Jeep mini-micro RV.

post-6578-0-89584600-1444569562_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-10552800-1444569566_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-34802700-1444569602_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-79854100-1444569603_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-78878800-1444569604_thumb.jp

The pic with it perched on the edge of a canyon is a little disturbing. I have seen 2 Jeep motorhomes with Nova Star camper bodies. Both 4x4's and super neat. One sold on eBay a couple of years ago. I don't think they got very much for it. Wasn't running and was in a very remote location near Mono lake in California. The other one was posted on Portland craigslist and was gone very fast. That one looked pristine.

Linda S

This factory-equipped Jeep camper was made by Honorbuilt Trailers Inc. in Lakeview, California. Eldorado Model S.

I've get a kick out of the kids looking out the top window. If I was driving that camper in New York with my kids up there - they'd put me in jail and Social Services would take my kids.