Towing with a Toyota

hattie

Presently, till it can be sold, I have a Bus Type M/H. No problem pulling a Toad.. But we love setting up in a Campground, and not having to unhook each time we sightsee.

Will the V6 Toyota satisfactorly tow a lightweight Suzki Sammy, a GEO or possibly a Glass VW Dunebuggy 4 down? A Sammy would be preferred as it has windows and a top. We are getting on in years, but might consider a MotorCycle on a Trailer..

Jack

SoCal

Towing is NOT recomended... But with frame reinforcing and such like you could propably pull a 1000lb trailer including motorcycle with trailer brakes. Just a pull along and about 400lb total is it.

A Car NOT, not even a little one, unless you could find an Isetta

I have heard people say that they have towed a trailer with vehicles on them. Mostly light weight sprint cars and the like.

The drive train and braking system are just about at their maximum with the full load of the coach and contents. Adding another couple thousand pounds pulled behind is something that you may not want to do unless you do a lot of mods such as maybe a light weight aluminum V-8 engine and appropriate trans, some over sized custom made 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

The main reason for owning one of these mini motor homes is so that you do NOT have to tug along another vehicle. A little advance planing (i.e. do your grocery shopping before you get to your camp site) and you will not have a need for a tag along. The short (17 & 18 foot) coaches are not much larger than some new SUVs and can fit in a shopping center parking lot space. I took my 17' diesel to down town Boston and was able to parallel park it in a normal space on the street (to the amazement of a small crowd)

• 2 weeks later...