Honest For-Sale Ad For A Change (Toyota Granville)

zero

Nice to see an ad claiming 13 MPG instead of 23 MPG! I've seen a lot of BS when it comes to fuel mileage in RV ads. Mostly micro-mini gas jobs or bigger RVs with diesels.

I've put 6700 miles on my 1988 Minicruiser within the past two years. 22RE and auto trans. So far, my overall average accounting for every drop of gas I ever put into it comes to 13.3 MPG. Got a few fills that gave me a reading of over 16 MPG (I'm sure inaccurate somehow) and also a few fills as low as 11.8 MPG when driving against strong winds.

I suspect the seller claims a 12 gallon gas tank because he's never got more then that into it? I know mine reads near empty when it's ready to take 12 gallons but certainly has a lot more in reserve. My full-size Ford diesel truck with dual 19 gallon tanks is the same way.

post-6578-0-92209000-1436967416_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-18463300-1436967418_thumb.jp

Geeze, some of us are just better drivers and can anticipate traffic and lights, we also draft whenever possible and can consistently achieve higher mileages than average. I can do this without lying or exaggerating.

I currently average 23 mpg combined highway and city driving, which is not difficult at all to do.

I get 14 on the highway and 9 in the city 14 + 9 = 23, see how easy it is :clown2: Jim SW FL

Yes, that's one sure way to increase MPGs. That or just use British/Imperial gallons instead of US "wine" gallons.

I'm still trying to figure out how Toyota Chinook got away with claiming 29 MPG in early advertising.