I was doing some reading on 134A conversions and a stronger fan was mentioned. What is a stronger fan, new to me.

I do some searching and find that the silicone oil in a fan can weaken or dissipate over time or even the manufacturer may put a minimal amount of oil in the fan. That a weak but not bad fan can be traced as the cause of some over heating.

They go on to discuss changing the silicone oil in their fans, complete with videos.

Has me wondering if I should pursue this or is this the motor heads going over the edge? Jim

I don't think you'll have much luck and possibly trash it. You should be able to hear it lockup they make a lot of noise.

I am not having overheating issues that I know of, however I have only drove 200 mi in this with no AC. The fan clutch issue is brought up by auto AC people and talked about on the Toyota truck repair forum.

The Toyota repair forum has much great info, but they do tend to over do some things. Jim