I had the valve cover gaskets replaced b4 heading to FLA in the winter. Oil leak was solved. Noticed small drips on way home, now a bigger problem. Leak is at the back of the motor. Ideas? I moved the camper only a few feet forward the other day and it only ran 20s or so, seemed to barf some oil in that short time.

Thanks in advance.

Kahuna in Kanada

Try tightening the valve cover bolts slightly. The gaskets may have a little bit of shrinkage. Worked for me when my 3.4 developed an oil leak from the passenger side valve cover.

• 2 months later...

Turns out my leak is the head gasket. I'm to decide what to do, fix it, or get rid of it. The quote to do the repair is $2500 give or take. That's to do both sides including machining the heads and the timing belt / water pump while in there. The price that surprised me was the head set, $500. The timing belt kit was pretty cheap. Hmmmmm,

Kahuna in Kanada

Toyota uses multi-layered stainless-steel head-gaskets to address the many problems they've had with head-gasket failures on the 3 liter V6s. These gaskets need a perfect surface on both sides (head and engine-deck). Toyota has had to replace many engine blocks due the the head-gasket problem. So - keep in mind you might pull it all apart and find just doing the heads, and using new bolts won't be enough. If the deck is uneven or eaten up - you've got a mess on your hands.