Jayco Camper Question And Not A Toyota Query

zero

Asking this here is a long-shot - buit it's also free.

I have a 1972 Jayco tandem-axle camping trailer I just found out I have to move out of the Adirondacks in New York. I'm 800 miles away at present. Tires on it are at least 20 years old and it's virtually in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to bring a good set of four tires with me but have no idea what size is on it. I figured they'd be 15" but I've come across a few older Jaycos on the Net with two axles and they have 13" tires. This is a 1972 Jayco Jay Raven 20 footer with two axles. Anybody know what tires belong on it?

I just signed up there and asked the question. I called Jayco headquarters and they have no info for campers made before 1990. I also called every Jayco dealer in my area and none had a clue about a 1970s camper. Funny - stuff from the 70s does't seem all that old to me.

Oh well. hopefully some "old" person from the Jayco forum will have the answer.

This is a recent ad and it has a dual axle and a phone number. Maybe you could call them and ask what size tires those are.

https://florencesc.craigslist.org/rvs/5008626853.html

Linda S

Thanks. I just contacted someone with a 1973, tandem-axle Jayco. It uses ST185/80-D13" tires. Ends up mine is a 1971. I'm trying to verify being two years older will still have the same tire sizes.