Where Is The Sail Switch In My Hydroflame Furnace?

• 3 months later...

Take a look at this one, not sure if it is the one. http://www.northstarcampers.com/Manuals/Atwood-Hydro-Flame-8500-Series-Furnace-Manual.pdf What makes you believe it is the sail switch? Other possibilities are a bad board or igniter adjusted incorrectly, tripped high limit sensor. The sail switch can be tested in-place with a continuity tester if you can get to the wires. Usually though you have to pull the furnace and put it on the bench with a battery and run it. I recently had a problem with mine. Adjusted the igniter. It would fire the first time after having it out but not after. Finally figured out that rust in the combustion chamber would blow up and clog the little holes the igniter wire used to ignite the gas and would not let the gas get to the spark. Must of had it out 5 times before I figured it out. I had to completely disassemble the burn chamber and blow out the rust with compressed air. Once I got all the rust out it fired up every time after that. See my note below about gaskets.

Note that the igniter wire has to be adjusted to a specific spot. Also note that there is a gasket for the cover plate to get to the wire, if you tear it it has to be replaced or risk carbon monoxide leaking out. There are other gaskets also that might need to be replace for fear of carbon monoxide. They are all made from a very soft soft material and usually self destruct when taken apart on a 30 year old furnace.