3M 5200 Marine Sealant Love This Stuff

Never used it, but might try it now. Can't get ProFlex here in N. Bay anymore except when someone goes to Nevada. I was never disappointed in a 3M product when I worked with them in prosthetics. Wonder how your 3M stuff is for removal during the inevitable exterior re-seal? (Reminds me, I gotta put a pole barn on my Xmas list :) Says fast cure, how fast did the stuff set up? Cool idea, BTW, interior seal......

I've used the 3M 5200 sealant and also the OSI Quad sealant. Pretty much the same results with both and both are excellent. Quad is often cheaper though. Nice thing is that Home Depot sells the OSI Quad. There's a big RV place down the road from me and they use OSI Quad for all their repairs.

I had to remove a steel roof last year that had been sealed with Quad for 5 years. The stuff was still pliable. I'm impressed with it.

I have a fiberglass camper similar to a Scamp, the actual name is LoveBug. On the FiberglassRV.com site, I was informed that 3M 5200 was very difficult to remove once it is cured. Just something to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a helluva (local Swedish term from Seattle's Ballard district) time sealing the vent that some previous owner installed on the roof of my Sunrader Adventure. After a couple failures with recommended sealing procedures, I cleaned the vent and the roof very well and used 3M 5200 marine sealant. Zero leaks since then.... I don't ever plan to remove that vent----believe the roof will deteriorate before the sealant. s