Stripe Removal Easy And Cheap

Beasley

FYI

Did some research and found a cheap sticker removal wheel that you can put in a cordless drill.

It worked great, some of the stripes were baked into the paint and cracked pretty bad.

Looks like all I will have to do is wet sand and buff out the area where the stripes were located to complete the removal.

Now to find some cheap new stripes .

Half way done with Sunrader and the eraser wheel is still @ 80% life left, I bought (2) wheels but looks like (1) may do the entire motorhome.

post-8008-0-73916700-1414352024_thumb.jp

post-8008-0-45885300-1414352039_thumb.jp

post-8008-0-50330400-1414352052_thumb.jp

Yeah, that's what we did and it looks great without the stripes. I do wish I could get some Dolphin logos thou, just for the back and maybe the front. I saw one today at the beach that still had the original rear labeling.
vanman

EDIT : Forgot to mention that we had fiberglass and other damage repaired so it was all painted except for the Toyota parts. The vinyl bottom trim was painted an almost exact match for what was the original colour.

Those wheels (designed for bumper sticker and pin-striping removal) are AWESOME. I bought one to remove pin-striping from a bayliner boat and it worked great on that and about 50 other projects and is still going strong. I don't think it will ever wear out. the thing to remember with them is not to get too agressive and take your time because the friction it generates will melt the striping / sticker and bake it into the gel coat if you stay on the same area to long. As you learn how to use the wheel you will learn to type writer it back an forth across the striping and it kind of smears of the sticker as you go, then periodically you stop and wipe off excess that had built up on your work path.

Personally, I am a fan of the burnt orange original sunrader striping. if I removed it I would probably re-stripe it with something just because it draws the eye away from the seam. striping is fun. If you don't stripe it you will quickly notice that where the stripe used to be the fiberglass is super shiney and glossy because it never saw sunshine or oxidized like the rest of the gel coat.