Nc To Baltimore And Back

tofubiscuit

It was my second trip in the Sunrader. I had originally just planned on going to a few local state parks, as I had been having some electrical issues (see very long thread under Electrical - Coach battery hook-up). After I got the engine battery up and running again I packed up for local camping just to make the most of what was left of my vacation time. Somehow I just couldn't stop and ended up at a park several hundred miles away on the Chesapeake Bay. Spent a few days there at a park just across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (my son loved going over this bridge - it is around 17 miles long or something crazy like that). Then headed a little further north and ended up in Baltimore to take in a few Oriole/Yankee games and to eat a ton of crabs. Had a free hotel night from points earned on a credit card. Spend one night in the hotel and a few more nights camped out in their parking lot (found an electrical hook-up in the lot I plugged into at night - apparently it is there for refrigerated delivery trucks to hook-up to). Glad we could stay there - traffic around Baltimore is insane. There was a metro stop right across from the hotel that we took into the Inner Harbour area everyday. Then went just south of Washington DC to take in a Jimmy Buffet concert. Since we were in the Sunrader the stadium directed us to the special rv parking area - so I got to subject my son to tailgating Jimmy Buffet style. After seeing so many people dressed up as parrots and sharks he now as a whole new perspective on adulthood. It turned out to be a great trip. Took as many smaller roads as I could to keep it at a casual pace. Stayed in state parks where I could hook-up since I'm having coach battery electrical issues. Did find one private rv park outside of DC (Cherry Hill Park) that, while $60.00 a night, was nice since they had a bus pick-up at the park that could get you into DC, saving having to unhook and then facing insane DC traffic. No issues at all on the trip - this little rig ran great. Now that I am home it is time to deal with my electrical issues. And plan the next outing.

OOPS, I'll turn around in a few more minutes......Famous last words