Dolphin, Dometic Ref., 4 Cubic 32X20X23

dlsmollen

Hi Everyone! We have a 84' Dolphin. When we bought it it had just a college dorm ref.. We are wanting to switch to a 3 way as we now have a solar panel also. Going around and around on prices and sizes. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone! We have a 84' Dolphin. When we bought it it had just a college dorm ref.. We are wanting to switch to a 3 way as we now have a solar panel also. Going around and around on prices and sizes. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I don't know how it works in your area. Here in central NY - good working 3-way refrigerators that size are pretty common and cheap. That's because there are so many campers/RVs that spend 95% of their lives sitting and rotting - from snow and rain. When scrapped - often all appliances still work. I come across 3-4 campers/RVs per year "for free" if moved, and many others in the $100 price range. I've got half-a-dozen good working 3-ways here, and another couple in northern Michigan. Shipping is the killer. Costs a fortune. You need to find one locally. Now - if you were in driving-distance of central NY - I'd sell you one for $100.

I've got an 11' Coachman truck camper I'm gong to scrap and the Dometic 3-way in it works fine.

Note that if you tend to do "stop and go" camping - you might find that dorm-type refrigerator to work just fine. Just add an extra battery and a 1500 watt inverter. It will easily run for a full 24 hours before any recharge is needed.