Picked up my new to me Sea Breeze in Nova Scotia this week and have three months to get it to the West Coast. The tires are pretty iffy. I stopped in Halifax and spent a day running around tire places including Costco but had no luck on finding any anywhere.

So with a prayer on my lips I am on the Cape Breton Trail and hope to hit New Brunswick next week. Are the tires still being made? Will look again in St Johns NB and again in Portland Maine but who woulda thunk this would be a problem?

Color me "Puckered"

MikeMc

Picked up my new to me Sea Breeze in Nova Scotia this week and have three months to get it to the West Coast. The tires are pretty iffy. I stopped in Halifax and spent a day running around tire places including Costco but had no luck on finding any anywhere.

So with a prayer on my lips I am on the Cape Breton Trail and hope to hit New Brunswick next week. Are the tires still being made? Will look again in St Johns NB and again in Portland Maine but who woulda thunk this would be a problem?

I can understand the tires not being stocks - but are you saying none of the dealers would order them in for you? There's over half a dozen companies selling 185-14C tires in the USA. Can't speak for Canada. Last set I bought a few months ago was in northern Michigan. I tried four dealers and all could get them overnight. I wound up buying Federals for $58 each.

Tire Rack has a warehouse in Connecticut. They carry the Yokohama's but call ahead and make sure they have them

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tire+Rack/@41.91777,-72.724183,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x7f28a45719113611

Walmart stores can also order the Nexen SV820 and Hankook RA08 tires in the right size but takes about a week for delivery.

Linda S