New 1992 Warrior

Just purchased a "new" 1992 Warrior....14381 miles on the odometer and spent 21 of the last 22 years of its life with the same family. It appears to be in great shape. I am very excited and pleased.

BTW_it is our first Toyota motorhome.

You need to check out some things BECAUSE of the low mileage. Number one would be the age of your tires. If the tires are more than 6 years old they should be replaced even if the tread looks good. I just replaced the tires on my Escaper even though they looked great. The problem was that they were 8 years old. Since I was going on an extended vacation, I did not want to worry about my tires. I decided that it was worth the $700 to have piece of mind.

Number two is to check all of the belts and hoses. If you don't know how old they are, you may want to replace them. This could be another trip disaster that is easy to avoid. If you can do the work yourself, this one is cheap.

I hope that everything works out well with your new to you Toyhouse. I have had mine for 3 years and have only put 10,000 miles on it. We love it so far.

Thanks for the advice. The tires are 3 or 4 years old...they look good but I will check the manufacture code. I do plan to replace the belts before we take a long trip. :-)

There are a few things that I need to address before we do any traveling. One for sure item is to replace the gas line going to the generator. Evidently it came loose during the ride home and rubbed against the driveshaft. There was a nice little hole that could have ended badly. Thank God I

decided to climb around under the camper this afternoon!