Need Replacement Lpg Regulator.

My 1979 tank regulator is leaking.

It appears to be a single stage threaded on both ends to accept 3/8" nipples.

The regulator is a "Helco Model 60".

Carries a UL listing of 452L.

The only gas appliance in the mh is the Atwood Furnace.

All the regulators I find online are 2 stage.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm unable to upload pictures from my phone.

I think the one stage regulators are not allowed anymore. The 2 stage is better and safer too.

Try to get one made in america, a friend just got a new Mercedes truck based RV and the first time he tried to use the propane the made in china regulator blew up, couldn't handle the high pressure in the tank.

vanman

There's nothing special about an RV regulator versus a reg used for things like barbecure grills and such except outdoor grills often use the cheaper single-stage regs. RVs just about always call for 2-stage regulators. Why would you NOT want a 2 stage over a 1 stage? 2 stage does a better job of maintaining even pressure and is also less apt to freeze in severe cold weather.

You just need a reg with the vent pointing the correct direction (vertical or horizontal), correct BTU capacity, and correct output around 11" of water-column. Since it's your RV - chosing 1 stage or 2 stage is up to you. 2 stage is better technology and a new one cost $15-$18 so it's a no-brainer to me.

Last time my reg went bad - I went down the plumbing/gas supply place and they had many single stage regs ( for stand-alone use), as well as 2-stage. Problem was they were ALL with horizontal vents. My sideways tank on my Minicruiser takes a vertical-vent regualtor. I had to order it but I suppose any good RV store would of had it.