Just Getting My Feet Wet

passman

Second time out since I bought the Sunrader, three nights at pacific beach on the WA. coast. 65 to 70 degrees and bright sunshine for two of the three days, mechanically speaking the Sunrader ran fine, everything else is still a learning experience. Next up, three day trip from Shelton WA to Smith River CA and back over the fourth of July weekend. HYW 101 the whole way, should be a nice trip.

post-7719-0-64293200-1403473599_thumb.jp

post-7719-0-24872500-1403473685_thumb.jp

post-7719-0-36097200-1403473700_thumb.jp

post-7719-0-99115200-1403473711_thumb.jp

post-7719-0-81415400-1403473723_thumb.jp

Did you drive onto the beach? South of Grayland Beach State Park is usually hard packed sand fine for even 2wd, and in WA State our beaches are legally public roads! Just can't camp overnight, but campfires and playing in the surf is a fun day, find your own beach! Our kayak club are regulars! Some of the access roads drop into soft sand, go south of Grayland and find some nice hard packed sand to drive off the road onto

Did you drive onto the beach? South of Grayland Beach State Park is usually hard packed sand fine for even 2wd, and in WA State our beaches are legally public roads! Just can't camp overnight, but campfires and playing in the surf is a fun day, find your own beach! Our kayak club are regulars! Some of the access roads drop into soft sand, go south of Grayland and find some nice hard packed sand to drive off the road onto

Yes we did, some of my fondest memories as a child were campfires on the beach. I've been going to Westport, Long Beach, Ocean Shores for over fifty years now :)

Just remember after those beach runs to wash the undercarriage. I didn't for way to long after Pismo and now I'm kicking myself. No real damage but a lot of surface rust. I inspected a Sunrader for a friend once and the undercarriage was almost rusted through. Not from beach runs but just the ground in Crescent City, Ca. It was under the water at one time and the ground itself is salty.

Linda S