Bitter Sweet Upgrades

mtdave2

Got to love getting stuff for the toy. I just installed some new bilstein shocks all around, a nice new stereo that accepts an ipod inside of the unit, a really sweet back up camera. I found and on craigslist and just installed a stowaway box for the hitch. A few weeks about the dolphin got re-shoed with some syped BFgoodrich all terrain tires. have done all sorts of maintenance, sealing, fluid changes thing should be ready to go.

why does this suck a bit? Blown head gasket. it really sucked doing work to a crippled rig that i cant use. trying to figure out what I want to do, see my other posts.

Edited by mtdave2

Sorry to hear. Assuming you have a 4Cyl then with some basic mechanical skills and the ability to follow instructions, you can remove the head, take it to the machine shop for cleaning/resurfacing, then re-install it with a new head gasket kits. With do-it-yourself labor, it wouldn't cost more than $400 in part. Depending on where you live, I get most of my parts thru rockauto. I downloaded and keep a copy of factory service manual. Let post your question here in the mechanical forum or there are tons of resources in the internet that you can utilize as well. V6 is a little more involved but not impossible for a DIY