Blown On The Maiden Voyage

Bought a 1993 warrior with lowliest. Found out the hard way that it had original tires. The blowout on the inner drivers squally was spectacular. Thank goodness a tire shop stayed open to help us at 6 o clock. Nine hundred in tires later, time to find out why the fridge doesn't work.:)

Is this Warrior by any chance a rear dinette model? A friend of mine inspected one recently that was for sale and found many problems. Sorry you didn't find this site sooner. Always good to shop when your informed

Linda S

It is. And we have found problems, but they are our problems now. This forum has been helpful so far, and I sure I will have some questions in the near future!

How old were the tires? The Toyota RV I recently bought had Firestone tires on it that were 27 years old and had tread near like new. Lots of small rot cracks though. Got 6 new 8 ply-rated tires installed in northern Michigan for $640.

Yikes! Sorry to hear, but glad to hear you're ok.

Problems...well, look at it this way...after lots of frustration, work, probably a good amount of money, and tons of time, you'll know much much more about how everything works and how to replace stuff in your RV than most RV owners out there. And you'll wonder how anyone could possibly own an RV and remain ignorant about this stuff.

The tires were original, according to the shop. Of legal age to drink, as he put it:) I am learning a lot through this process, building a nice personal relationship with my yoda. Re plumbed with pex, new faucet, thorough cleaning, now on to diagnosing the heater and fridge. Whee!

Rmcgloth,

I dont know if this is of any use to you. I just purchased a 91 Warrior and found in the original paperwork that there was a recall on the fridge. The person I purchased this from had the fridge fixed but didnt take advantage of the recall to get it done free. You might check to see if the fridge you have has a recall on it.