Furnace Update

Well, we figured out the furnace had some loose wires and a reset button. The fan is slow to start and a bit squeally, but once it gets going, it works great. I'm impressed with the ducted system, hot air volume and movement, and I think we will want to use it for winter camping. I remember some had posted that they had to let their heaters run a while every fall, to loosen up, and I'm hoping that is how ours will turn out. If not, I think access is easy enough that we will try to replace the blower.

My furnace screamed at me when I first got my Sunrader. That's of course only when the fan could get up to speed so it would even light. I never did a single thing to it but after a while it got much quieter and lighted every time. Just had never been used. My camper came from southern Cal and the only place the owners ever took it was Quartzite, AZ. Just took a while to loosen up

Linda S

Well, we figured out the furnace had some loose wires and a reset button. The fan is slow to start and a bit squeally, but once it gets going, it works great. I'm impressed with the ducted system, hot air volume and movement, and I think we will want to use it for winter camping. I remember some had posted that they had to let their heaters run a while every fall, to loosen up, and I'm hoping that is how ours will turn out. If not, I think access is easy enough that we will try to replace the blower.

The bearings in the blower are "Oillite." They are designed to, in effect, dry out when not being used. Once the motor is spinning and the bearings warm up - they release 30 W oil stored in their walls. That's why many will squeal at first start if they've sat a long time.

This is all good to know! At first I kept it plugged in, thinking the extra power would make the fan start faster. It probably did too. Now it starts quietly and runs on the battery. The dolphin's heater was shot though. It screeched and then stopped for good. Win some lose some.