Anyone Have 22R And Working Cab A/c?

SNOFLAKE

Im about to get the ac recharged in my rig, then i started wondering if the already overburdened motor would have any problems running ac in extremely hot conditions 90+.. I know Id have to shut it off over major mtn passes, or would I?

anyone out there running their dash ac with no worries?

I have a freshly built 22re with a new a/c system. I just drove it a thousand miles and the only time I turned the a/c off was on the interstate somewhere in Texas with long uphills trying to go 65+ mph with traffic. It was warm outside and the motor did start to get a tad hot so I turned the air off and got back on the backroads first chance I got :)

I have an 85 Dolphin, 22re automatic with AC. Overheating has never been a problem, though I do turn it off on steep hills. I have the original owners manual and that's what the manual recommends. Using the AC does affect mileage. I also never use the overdrive which lugs the engine and I'm told can overheat both the engine and the transmission.

okay good to hear! I dropped it off at the shop, should be under $300 to have the AC going again,

How well do your AC's work?

it can't cool the back while driving can it?

do you close the curtain behind you to keep the cold air in the cab or what?

My 84 Dolphin ran with the ac on with no problem. It was original with 138,000 miles on it when I sold it. Did have the system recharged at 120,000 miles took 3/4 pounds of R12. Never did turn it off for hills, I want to be comfortable. It you know the hill coming out of Salt Lake City to Park City, must be 7 miles, was in 2nd gear and comfy. Daughter lives in Peoa so I was up and down that hill often. No I do never go down the road at 65 ,,55 is it.